PT. Kliknklin Digital Nusantara is the very first company that I’ve been working beside doing projects. The start-up digital company that focusing their business on the demanding laundry services. They have a vision to digitalize the process of conventional laundry outlet using recent technology. Though the business concept is changing and growing by pivoting regards of profit reports and financial statement to the investor, they still focusing on how to ease and deliver the process of the laundry. Strengthened their internal and external infrastructure and operation.
I’ve been recruited from 3 October 2016 as a Software Engineer. Do a front and back end job and API for mobile developers. Work here from the starts of the business launch after prototype of web application done. I’ve been following every change of business process in order to create required product that needed by the CEO of the company. Here are some changes of business and bullet list of work I have finished in the company:
On the very first time, Kliknklin using Web Application technologies in order to just fulfil the customer demand on the laundry with an internal couriers as an employee. The Web Apps is already running with a simple scheduled pickup and delivery of laundry. For the courier we are using Telegram Bot Technology for the courier get the schedule and location information. The concept of laundry is still using kilos on the laundry. My work on the project is listed sequentially below.
- Creating analytics page for investors/shareholders. I’ve working on summary of orders by real time of each status and creating a graphic performance of orders on all outlets weekly and monthly.
- Assigned to make a complete booking form of laundry. Working on using google maps API for pin point customer location. Then scheduling of pickup and delivery using the items.
- Creating a booking history page of customer orders on the page.
- Designing and implementing a welcome landing page for customers.
- Implementing a marketing features of Membership concept and designed by business development team.
- Working on an internal dashboard needs based on requirement from the customer services, finance, business development and operational team.
By the year 2017. The company decide to expand the business. The plan is to give solution to existing laundry or Micro small and medium enterprises (UMKM). So, the company decide to create a Point of Sales mobile application on android tablet as a solution for existing laundry on Indonesia especially on Jabodetabek. This project is like a whole new level because the product team working on this apps from the 0 to complete used. I work on this project as a team of 3 with system analyst and mobile engineer. The big picture of work I’ve done are:
- Working on the Database Design Concept together with the team. I am implement the Database and migrate it.
- Working on Back end and Front end of the Web. Both for external party and internal company. External party (UMKM) can login and register and manage all of their outlet needs on the apps. Then for Internal for operations.
- Providing API for Mobile Engineer to implement the mobile applications.
- Features available on the Web for external party: Manage Outlets, Items, Staffs, Attendances, Customers, Transactions, FAQ and Apps Download.
Mid 2017, the core online digital business that require customer apps and courier bot telegram has changed. The business expand from just kilo laundry to the premium units item laundry. The company proposed a big changes by remodelling the apps and database completely to the new one. Migrating all the data and design. The product team have to create 2 Mobile and Web Applications. One for the customer endpoint and the other for partner endpoint.
On the customers application, we apply a marketplace concept by providing all the laundries nearby on the apps sorted by ratings, reviews and item availability. Later customer can choose which laundry outlet services they want. For partner application, we defined partner as UMKM and internal laundry define by the company as Laundryklin. By using the partner apps, they can manage all things on the outlet start from online transaction, operational time, employee, and items.
The product team have to create new applications for laundry UMKM and internal laundry called Laundryklin, the company call them “partners”. So, the company provide an apps for the courier and staff of the laundry in order to manage the order to change the status and scheduled deliveries. This will benefit the customer by giving a real time status of order and easy order information for partners.
Working on 2 big apps mobile and 2 web internal customer and partner gave me exquisite work load. Like usual I was working on web front and back end, while providing an API back end for Mobile Apps. The difficulty on the project is to managing the work load. This projects launch in the early 2018 and still have rooms for development. We, the product team, still creating many features such as promos, memberships and fix the performance issues.
Mid 2018, the company put a concept to merge the Point-of-Sales Apps that serve conventional laundry to the Partner Apps. This concept will give an ease to the customer by joining transaction of offline to online and vice versa. By merging the apps will merge the order and customer and will make a golden record data of customers. The apps has launched at the end of 2019 and running and we the product team still developing and plan on scale the apps.